OHA Drinking Water Services
Contact Report Details
|PWS ID:||OR41 00781|
|PWS Name:||STARLITE MOBILE VILLAGE|
|Who Was Contacted:||Garren Friedman|
|Contacted By:||WRAY, JULIE (DWP)|
|Assistance Type:||CIRCUIT RIDER ASSISTANCE|
|Details:||Dan Vaage reviewed water quality parameters provided by Garren Friedemann, The EPA flowchart for selection of a corrosion control method points to orthophosphate as the preferred means of corrosion control. The circuit rider made a site visit to Starlite to discuss installation options and is willing to further assist in the selection of equipment with Mr. Friedemann. We recommend, based on the water parameters and the EPA corrosion control flowchart, that an orthophosphate based dosing and metering system be employed at Starlite. The system at a minimum should consist of the following:
• A proportional-type, flow activated dosing pump and metering system, such as a Stenner Econ FP series to ensure that the orthophosphate is being dosed proportional to the water demand flowrate into the park
• A small tank downstream of the injection point to facilitate adequate mixing of the orthophosphate dose prior to distribution
• A “day” tank for storing the orthophosphate mixture
• A testing kit that can easily be used to monitor phosphate residual in the park’s distribution system, either by the DRC or park staff
• A soda ash injection system at the well effluent to raise pH from 6.3 to a minimum of 7.2 per the EPA treatment guidelines in flowchart 2a.
Follow-Up Actions Needed:
Circuit rider is available to assist in selection of equipment, or other assistance as/if required.