OHA Drinking Water Services
Contact Report Details
|PWS ID:||OR41 05364|
|PWS Name:||MT TERRACE MHP|
|Who Was Contacted:||Jesse Culver|
|Contacted By:||CIVIL WEST ENGINEERS, INC (DWP)|
|Assistance Type:||CIRCUIT RIDER ASSISTANCE|
Over the last couple weeks, the Mt. Terrace MHP has noticed a significant decrease in the quantity of water available in two of their wells and the third well is not producing water of a high enough quality. Because of these issues Jesse reached out to Civil West Engineering to provide and possible options that could be pursued. Jesse also mentioned that there is also a potential surface water source available.
Civil West Engineering provided a variety of options/suggestions to pursue. These options are as follows:
1. Determine how much water is being lost by leaks in the system. If there is a significant amount of loss due to leaks, the leaks should be located and repaired.
2. Have Bandon Well and Pump assess the condition of the well that is producing poor quality water and determine if there is a simple solution that will help produce water of a higher quality.
3. Storage tanks could be installed so that more water could be pumped and stored during that night and used during the day.
4. Preform a feasibility study to pursue additional water source options. Part of this study would address using the existing surface water. The surface water is not currently usable. There may also be funding available to perform a feasibility study.
5. If the water supply completely runs out, water will have to be trucked in.
Follow-Up Actions Needed:
Jesse asked that we pursue funding for a feasibility study.
Technical Reports to be Prepared and Expected Timeframe:
Memo on 11/22/2019