OHA Drinking Water Services
Contact Report Details
|PWS ID:||OR41 00062|
|PWS Name:||YOUNGS RIVER LEWIS & CLARK WD|
|Who Was Contacted:||Carl Gifford|
|Contact Phone:||503-325-4330 (Email address hidden)|
|Contacted By:||FARRELLY, PETER (DWP)|
|Assistance Type:||WATER QUALITY ALERT RESPONSE|
|Details:||Carl and I spoke about his following strategy, in rough order:
1. Sample TOC at both sources: North and South forks.
2. Sample TOC after membrane filters, in part to calculate TOC removal by the WTP.
3. Reduce further the Aspmo Tank level (recently reduced to ~75% full)
4. Relatedly, reduce chlorine dose while keeping a detectable residual at ends of distribution (currently ~0.6 mg/L). (Balance 3 & 4)
5. Fine-tune the auto-flusher at the Fort Clatsop sample site.
6. Research whether installing coagulation would help, given current TOC removals. Maybe it won’t help?
7. Check-in with the Circuit Rider to see if they can add anything.
Check back in April, give or take.
|Associated Alerts:||CHEM8859 - 02/28/2020 - TOTAL HALOACETIC ACIDS (HAA5)
CHEM8664 - 11/04/2019 - TOTAL HALOACETIC ACIDS (HAA5) , TOTAL TRIHALOMETHANES (TTHM) See also: 12/04/2019
CHEM8480 - 09/04/2019 - TOTAL TRIHALOMETHANES (TTHM) See also: 10/25/2019
CHEM8385 - 07/01/2019 - TOTAL HALOACETIC ACIDS (HAA5) , TOTAL TRIHALOMETHANES (TTHM) See also: 07/01/2019, 07/09/2019