OHA Drinking Water Services
Contact Report Details
|PWS ID:||OR41 05503|
|PWS Name:||ODF/WL ELK RIVER HATCHERY|
|Who Was Contacted:||Ryan Gertken|
|Contact Phone:||541-332-7025 (Email address hidden)|
|Contacted By:||DOWNS, KENT (DWP)|
|Assistance Type:||WATER QUALITY ALERT RESPONSE|
|Details:||Possible temporary source of contamination identified+
Raw water samples were collected from a 4-inch pipe located at the Domestic Water Head Box. The flow from the pipe is not adequately adjusted for sampling and the pipe was not being properly disinfected prior to sampling. The use of this 4-inch pipe and the way samples were collected have been identified as a possible way E. Coli contamination was detected in the source samples reported on 3/24/2021 and 3/30/2021.
Corrective actions: On 4.22.21 The 4-inch pipe was capped by the operator and will no longer be used for collecting samples. A more suitable raw water sample tap was identified at the wellhead. The operator was instructed to use this new sample tap for additional source water assessment monitoring. Samples must be labeled as Assessment Samples (AS).
- System will collect 1 assessment sample per month at the raw water sampling tap located at the wellhead. The first sample was collected on 4.27.21.
- Test free chlorine in distribution using a DPD chlorine test kit - completed in April, 2021.
- Purchase NSF approved chlorine. - pending.
- Repair chlorinator and maintain a minimum of chlorine residual of 0.80 mg/L. Measure chlorine residual at the first user. Ryan reported on 4.28.21 that the chlorine pump is now working. He is still adjusting the chlorine concentration in the chlorine tank to be able to guarantee a minimum chlorine residual of 0.80 mg/L at the first user.
- Update coliform monitoring plan with new raw water sample tap located at wellhead.
|Associated Alerts:||COLI20932 - 04/29/2021 - COLIFORM, TOTAL (TCR)
COLI20902 - 04/02/2021 - COLIFORM, E. COLI , COLIFORM, TOTAL (TCR) See also: 04/02/2021, 04/02/2021
COLI20895 - 03/29/2021 - COLIFORM, E. COLI , COLIFORM, TOTAL (TCR) See also: 03/29/2021, 04/02/2021